Tool Watch App follows a simple 3 step process. Sign up, register your tools & report a theft should one occur.
Step 1: Sign Up
The sign-up process couldn’t be easier. Regardless of whether you are an individual tradesman or a nationwide organisation, you can become a Tool Watch App member within minutes by completing our sign-up form.
Simply select your chosen package, add your personal or company details (these help with recovering your tools) and you’re ready to go. We also recommend adding a photograph of yourself to your account as this can help to verify the ownership of recovered tools.
If you want to register over 100 tools then our Platinum Package is perfect for you. If you would like to find out more about our bespoke pricing packages, contact us today and a member of our team will be in touch to find out your exact requirements.
Step 2: Register Your Tools
Registering your tools is a quick and easy process, and depending on the number of tools you have, there are two methods for you to choose from:
- Upload each tool individually. This involves uploading the serial number, make, estimated value & photographs of your tool. You will do this for each of your tools and this is the preferred option for those using the Silver package.
- Use our bulk upload system. To upload all of your tools at once, you can input the serial number, make & estimated value in a CSV document which you then upload directly through our app interface. You can then upload photographs of your tools at a later date should you wish to (which Tool Watch strongly advises as a means of identification). This is the preferred option for those using our Platinum package.
Step 3: Report a Theft
Tool Watch App have made reporting a theft as simple as possible. Follow the steps below to report a tool theft:
- Select which tools have been stolen from those registered on your Tool Watch account.
- Upload any relevant photos. These can be images of the tools themselves, the van or location in which the tools were taken, or any other relevant images you believe the police may need.
- Select the location that the theft took place. This can be any location in the UK.
- Select the date & time that the theft took place. If you don’t know this information you can input the approximate time(s) and date(s) that the theft occurred.
- Add any further information that you feel will help the police.
- Submit your theft report through the Tool Watch App. Your tools will now be marked as stolen in our database.
- Report the theft to the local police force for the area in which the theft occurred.
What Happens Next?
Once you have reported your tools as stolen, our database will update the status of your tools as stolen. When police throughout the UK find stolen tools, they will input the serial numbers and make within the Tool Watch App police interface, which will then report whether or not the tools are registered to a Tool Watch App user.
If the tool is registered, you will get an automatic email from Tool Watch informing you of where your tool was recovered and who to contact.
If a police force locates your stolen tools, they will input the serial numbers and make within their Tool Watch interface and they will be presented with your details including name, address and a photograph of yourself to verify ownership.
Even if the tools are found outside of your home county, the police force will be instantly notified, and the force who you originally reported the theft to will get an automatic email. You will then get an automatic email from Tool Watch informing you of where your tools were recovered and who to contact to recover them.
Once returned, these tools will be marked as ‘Recovered’ within your Tool Watch account.
Up to 10 tools
Up to 50 tools
Over 50 tools
price on application